Our program is a participant in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) from the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). All applicants to our program must apply using ERAS. The Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences only sponsors J-1 visas. International medical graduates (IMGs) can contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for the application materials and should reference the document below for information pertaining to the departmental requirements for IMGs.
All application materials must be submitted via ERAS. The deadline for receipt of all ERAS application materials is October 1. Your ERAS application will be reviewed by members of our Admissions Committee. All applicants will receive an email from our Admissions Committee by October 15 to inform them as to whether or not they have been invited for an interview.
A completed ERAS application consists of the following:
- ERAS Common Application Form
- Personal Statement
- Minimum of four Letters of Recommendation (with one letter being from the Ob/Gyn Chair of your medical school)
- Official Transcript of Grades (from all medical schools attended)
- USMLE Scores Step 1 and Step 2, both CK & CS scores. To be eligible for an interview, applicants must have passing scores on USMLE Steps 1 and 2 (both CK & CS). Though the program "prefers" that both CK and CS scores are submitted before an applicant is offered an interview, we understand that this may not always be possible. Step 2 CK and CS scores are, however, required before submission of our rank order list to NRMP mid-February. Anytime you receive an updated USMLE Score Report, you should resubmit your scores through ERAS as they do not always automatically renew.
A note to all fourth-year students who participate in an away elective with our department:
Application materials will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee. In order to be offered an interview, students who have participated in an elective must meet the same criteria as those applicants who are offered an interview with the program.
Non-LCME Accredited Medical School Graduates
Decisions for interviews are based on an applicant's entire application. To be eligible for an interview, applicants must have passing scores on USMLE. Once a decision for interview is made by the Admissions Committee, applicants will be informed via email as to whether or not he/she is invited for an interview. With the high volume of applications received each year, it is not possible for our Admissions Committee to review all of the completed files immediately upon receipt of the MSPE (Medical Student Performance Evaluation) on October 1. Applicants may not hear from us regarding the Admissions Committee's decision until the middle of October, so please be patient.
Interviews are by invitation only. Applicant interviews will be conducted on the following dates:
- Saturday, October 29, 2016
- Saturday, November 5, 2016
- Saturday, December 3, 2016
- Saturday, December 10, 2016
As a courtesy to our faculty and to applicants who are on our waiting list, we ask that you notify us at least one week in advance if you need to cancel your interview with us.
On average, we receive 600 applications from both U.S. medical students and international medical graduates each year for our ten first-year positions. We interview approximately 90 applicants over the course of the four interview days. Out of our current resident class, 45% were elected to AOA with approximately 20% having participated in a fourth-year Ob/Gyn elective at our institution. Approximately 52% of the graduates from the past five years of residency have pursued an academic career.
Further information on Hotels - Shuttle - Driving Directions for Resident Applicants