Education & Training
- Fellowship, Magee Womens Hospital, Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Residency, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC
- MD, American University of Beirut Faculty of Medicine, Beirut, Lebanon
- Feghali MN, Mattison DR. Clinical Therapeutics in Pregnancy. J of Biomed Biotechnol. 2011; 2011:783528. doi: 10.1155/2011/783528. Epub 2011 Jul 6. PMID: 21785566. PMCID: PMC3139199.
- Feghali M, Venkataramanan R, Caritis S. Prevention of preterm delivery with 17-hydroxyprogesterone caproate: pharmacologic considerations. Semin Perinatol. 2014 Dec;38(8):516-22. doi: 10.1053/j.semperi.2014.08.013. Epub 2014 Sep 23. PubMed PMID: 25256193. PMCID: PMC4253874.
- Scifres CM, Feghali MN, Althouse AD, Caritis SN, Catov JM. Adverse Outcomes and Potential Targets for Intervention in Gestational Diabetes and Obesity. Obstet Gynecol. 2015 Aug;126(2):316-25. doi: 10.1097/AOG.0000000000000928. PMID: 26241421.
- Feghali MN, Scifres CM, Caritis SN. Glyburide vs Insulin and Adverse Pregnancy Outcomes. JAMA Pediatr. 2015 Oct 1;169(10):974. doi:10.1001/ jamapediatrics.2015. 1805. PMID: 26437011.
- Feghali M, Venkataramanan R, Caritis S. Pharmacokinetics of Drugs in Pregnancy. Semin Perinatol. 2015 Nov;39(7):512-9. doi: 10.1053/j.semperi.2015.08.003. Review. PMID: 26452316.
- Feghali MN, Caritis SN, Catov JM, Scifres CM. Timing of delivery and pregnancy outcomes in women with gestational diabetes. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016 Aug;215(2):243.e1-7. doi: 10.1016/j.ajog.2016.03.006. Epub 2016 Mar 11. PMID: 26976558.
Clinical/Research Interest Summary
Clinical Interests/Research Interests
Dr. Feghali is interested in diabetes in pregnancy including exploring heterogeneity of gestational diabetes and understanding how differences in disease mechanism impacts treatment response and pregnancy outcomes. Her previous work has explored differences in pregnancy outcomes in women with diabetes including timing of delivery, timing of diagnosis, impact of obesity and failure of medical nutritional therapy. Her current focuses on patient and provider perspectives on diabetes treatment in pregnancy and evaluation of innovative treatment strategies.