Dr Berger’s area of expertise is in the treatment of women with gynecologic malignancies, with specific interests in fertility-preservation and vulvar cancer.
Education & Training
- Fellowship, Magee-Womens Hospital, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- Good Samaritan Hospital, Phoenix, AZ
- MD, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- Lin JF, Berger JL, Krivak TC, Beriwal S, Chan JK, Sukumvanich P, Monk BJ, Richard SD. Impact of facility volume on therapy and survival for locally advanced cervical cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2014;132(2):416-22. PMID: 24333361.
- Berger JL, Smith A, Zorn K, Sukumvanich P, Olawaiye A, Kelley JL, Krivak T. Outcomes Analysis of an Alternate Formulation of Pegylated Liposomal Doxorubicin in Recurrent Epithelial Ovarian Carcinoma During the Drug Shortage Era. Onco Targets Ther. 2014 Aug 8;7:1409-13. PMID: 25143745.
- Berger JL, Scott E, Sukumvanich P, Smith AL, Olawaiye AO, Comerci JT, Kelley JK, Beriwal S, Huang M. The effect of groin treatment modality on clinically significant chronic lymphedema in patients with vulvar carcinoma. Int J Gynecol Cancer 2015 Jan; 25(1):119-124.PMID: 25415076.
- Berger JL, Samrao D, Huang M, Olawaiye AB. Primary Gynecologic Melanoma: a report of two unusual cases. Gynecol Oncol Reports Jan. 2015, pp.31-33.
Clinical/Research Interest Summary
Dr. Berger’s research experience includes translational work on the impact of chemotherapy on reproductive health and fertility-preservation options for reproductive age women undergoing gynecologic cancer treatment. Her clinical research interests focus