For this year’s Magee Alumni Day program, we have an exciting line-up of speakers consisting of past and current faculty and former residents. The program will feature updates on clinical care over the entire age spectrum of our patients. We expect the program to present topics that pose challenging clinical, technical, ethical, and financial issues that today’s OB/GYN often faces, whether in practice or in an academic career. The program features endowed lectures — the Cohen, McCall, OB/GYN Legacy, Katz Minimally Invasive Surgery, and Kunschner Memorial lectures as well as the inaugural Dr. Steve N. Caritis lecture.
TARGET AUDIENCE: This program is focused on health care practitioners in obstetrics and gynecology as well as in other primary care specialties.
- Be able to identify changes in the medical milieu and how that has impacted residency and fellowship surgical training, and methods to improve training.
- To review the evidence that maternal anti-fetal rejection occurs in patients with pregnancy complications and review placental pathology which supports the presence of the rejection.
- Describe how childbirth impacts the later development of pelvic floor disorders.
- Review conservative fibroid treatment options.
- Review and appreciate the past and current situation around COVID-19 and explore future implications.
- Review the most common vulvar dermatoses, lichen sclerosis, lichen planus and lichen simplex chornicus.
Magee Alumni Day Program Schedule
8:00 am Welcome
Richard Guido, MD
8:05 am Dr. Alan Kunschner Memorial Lecture
Surgical Education in the 21st Century
Paniti Sukumvanich, MD
8:45 am OB/GYN Legacy Lecture
The COVID-19 Pandemic: Past, Present, and Future
Richard Beigi, MD, MSc.
9:25 am Break
9:40 am Dr. Steve N. Caritis Lecture
Maternal Anti-Fetal Rejection: An Overlook Mechanism
of Disease in Obstetrics
Roberto Romero, MD, DMedSci
10:20 am Dr. Milton McCall Lecture
Pelvic Floor Injuries Related to Childbirth
Joan Blomquist, MD
11:00 am Break
11:15 am In Memoriam
11:20 am Dr. David Katz Minimally Invasive Lecture
The Balance Between Conservative Fibroid Surgery
Hye-Chun Hur, MD, MPH
12:00 pm Drs. Mortimer and Harold Cohen Lecture
Vulvar Disease Review: The Lichens and More
Clair Danby, MD
12:40 pm Closing
***Program Schedule is subject to changes.***
Location and Address
Hutchinson and Hayashi Auditorium
UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital
300 Halket Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213