Education & Training
- Clinical Fellowship, Gynecologic Oncology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1991-1993
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Mucosal Immunology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1989-1991
- Residency, Department of OBGYN and Reproductive Sciences, University of Pittsburgh/Magee-Womens Hospital, 1985-1989
- Internship, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, 1985
- MD, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 1984
- Taylor SE, Li R, Petschauer JS, Donovan H, O’Neal S, Keeler AW, Zamboni WC,
Edwards RP, Zorn KK. Phase I study of intravenous (IV) docetaxel and intraperitoneal (IP) oxaliplatin in recurrent ovarian and fallopian tube cancer.
Gynecology Oncology, 2015.
- Ovarian Cancer Association Consortium, Edwards RP; Australian Cancer Study;
Australian Ovarian Cancer Study Group. Genome-wide significant risk associations for mucinous ovarian carcinoma. National Genetics, 2015.
- Koebel M, Kalloger S, Lee S, Duggan MA, Kelemen LE, Prentice L, Kalli KR,
Fridley FL, Visscher DW, Keeney GA, Vierkant RA, Cunningham JM, Chow C, Ness RB, Moysich KB, Edwards RP, Modugno F, Bunker CH, Wozniak EL, Benjamin E, Gayther SA, Gentry-Maharaj A, Menon U, Gilks B, Huntsman DG, Ramus SJ, Goode EL. Biomarker-based ovarian carcinoma typing: a histological investigation in the Ovarian Tumor Tissue Analysis consortium. Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers, 2013.
- Budiu RA, Mantia-Smaldone G. Elishaev E, Chu T, Thalle J McCabe K, Lenzner
D, Edwards RP, Vlad AM. Soluble MUC1 and serum MUC1-specific antibodies are potential prognostic biomarkers for platinum-resistant ovarian cancer. Cancer Immunology Immunotherapy, 2011.
For additional publications, please see PubMed Page.
Clinical/Research Interest Summary
Clinical Interests/Research Interests
Dr. Edwards serves as co-principle investigator of the Gynecologic Oncology Group for The University of Pittsburgh and for a number of pharmaceutical sponsored studies. He also serves on the Ovarian Cancer Committee which experiments with novel therapeutic approaches to gynecologic malignancies, as well as translational research. As professor of obstetrics and gynecology, he has numerous publications on clinical and translational research, including several publications on clinical trials of ovarian cancer and cervix cancer immunotherapy. In January of 2015 Dr. Edwards was named the Milton Lawrence McCall Professor and Chair Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), Magee-Womens Hospital.