Dr. Fairchild is interested in pelvic floor changes and pelvic symptoms that occur following childbirth. She worked with a multidisciplinary post-partum pelvic floor research team aimed at early identification and prevention of pelvic floor disorders such as pelvic organ prolapse, urinary incontinence, and fecal incontinence. Her other interests include surgical utilization, with a focus on selecting appropriate procedures for individual patients.
She is also very interested in medical student and resident teaching and serves on the Resident Education Committee for the University of Pittsburgh Ob/Gyn Residency.
Education & Training
- Fellowship: Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Residency: University of New Mexico Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Albuquerque, NM
- Medical School: MD, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
- Undergraduate: BS in Biology, Warren Wilson College, Swannanoa, NC
- Fairchild PS, Haefner JK, Berger MB. Talk About Sex: Sexual History-taking Preferences Among Urogynecology Patients and General Gynecology Controls. Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery, In Press, Accepted for publication March 2016. PMID: 27171322
- Fairchild PS, Kamdar NS, Berger MB, Morgan, DM. Rates of Colpopexy and Colporrhaphy at the time of Hysterectomy for Prolapse. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology Volume 214, Issue 2, February 2016, pp.262.e1-262.e7. PMID: 26366666
- Fairchild PS, Haefner HK. Surgical Management of Vulvovaginal Agglutination Secondary to Lichen Planus. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology Volume 214, Issue 2, February 2016, pp289.e1-289.e2. PMID: 26348378
- Dunivan GC, Fairchild PS, Cichowski SB, Rogers RG. The Association Between Distances Traveled for Care and Treatment Choices for Pelvic Floor Disorders in a Rural Southwestern Population. Journal of Health Disparities Research and Practice Volume 7, Issue 4, Fall 2014, pp. 23 – 32. PMID: 26925308
- Dunivan GC, Cichowski SB, Komesu YM, Fairchild PS, Anger JT, Rogers RG. Ethnicity and Variations of Pelvic Organ Prolapse Bother. International Urogynecology Journal Volume 25, Issue 1, Jan 2014, pp. 53-59. PMID: 23807143